Hello, and welcome to another corner of the Internet where I’ve decided to set up camp in hopes of entertaining you. My name is Chantal Johnson and I am 22 years old. Yes, I am another twenty-something who has set up a blog. I will give you the chance to run away now.
Are you still here? Yes? Lucky me! Now that I have your attention, I’m going to try to do my best in keeping it. Instead of writing out this long introductory post about “who I am” and “how I’ve always wanted to be a blogger”, I will instead give you a *short list that will hopefully explain to you why I’m here!
- Yes, I want you to believe that I am somewhere writing this in a coffee shop with other likeminded hipster bloggers (I mean everyone is a hipster now, right?) as books surround us, and the murmur of the giant coffeemaker fills the air. I am not in that coffee shop, at all. That would take getting ready, leaving the house, and I am already exhausted typing that out.
- Yes, I actually do like writing! Mostly in the form of short stories that have not yet surfaced the web, but I’m getting there.
- This blog is an extension of my growing YouTube channel, Chantalks. Chantalks is a place where I, Chantal, talk about what’s going on in my brain. Mostly pop culture news, but I am looking to expand and create more. Go ahead and subscribe if you haven’t!
- This blog will feature more of my Internet findings, what I’m reading or watching on television. As I become more aware of the news and what’s going on in the world, you can expect my opinions on that as well. Just think of this space as a melting pot filled with my brain soup. Yes, I realize that was a terrible analogy.
- This blog will feature less of me crying over the future and other “whiny millennial” things. I can say this because I am a “whiny millennial”. Basically this blog will feature whatever I want it to feature because it is my blog. That’s the purpose of a blog, right?!
- This will not be a perfect venture, but I am trying. You will not love everything I write and you will hopefully not hate everything I write. I’m just trying to set the bar low here, okay? What’s that thing about not having expectations so you’re never disappointed? Yea, just apply that to this.
- Yes, I am **starting this blog in Late November instead of January in the hope that you will not dismiss this as some New Years Resolution that will not last.
- I’m not a regular blog; I’m a cool blog. (Get over it, Mean Girls is a staple of this generation)
Are you still here? Wow, you’re good. Remind me to hug you the next time we meet. Okay, if you gathered nothing from that list, it is okay. Just nod and say “Brilliant!!” Basically I want to get better at writing, so I have to write more. You can choose to read, or not, the choice is yours!
Though let’s be real. I want you to read it. And share it. And boost my ego and tell me I am clever and funny. But I will mask it by attempting to seem humble…aloof, even.
Ugh, now I have to end this with some lame line about you “joining the ride” or “coming along for the journey.” Ugh, no, I will not! Just…welcome to my blog.
*This “short” list became a long introductory post. A first of many promises I can’t keep.
**Technically I “started” this blog last year, but never told anyone about it. I have a few other posts on here that I never shared publicly, but feel free to read them.